[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
AfricanGreys.com • View topic - raising 2 AG babies at one time

raising 2 AG babies at one time

Welcome to the Grey Play Round Table African grey Question and Answer Board. Maggie Wright, author of the Barron's Grey pet manual and creator of the Grey Play Round Table African grey newsletter/magazine, and Lisa Bono, African grey behavior expert, will be the two moderators to answer your questions. Please check out the areas that have already been dealt with... and submit your new questions.

Due to the incredibly high volume of SPAM, the board has been set up so that you cannot submit a question. Instead, please send me your question at merlin@AfricanGreys.com and I will post it for you. Then, both Lisa and I will post responses. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PLEASE send me your questions... we REALLY want to help you!!! merlin@AfricanGreys.com.

Wishing you GREY'T Blessings!
Maggie Wright

Moderator: merlin

raising 2 AG babies at one time

Postby pennybickley » Thu May 11, 2006 12:24 am

Should I house my 2 parrots in separate cages? PB
pennybickley

Postby Guest » Thu May 11, 2006 2:15 am

It all depends. Are they two baby Greys? Are they close to one another? Do they appear to WANT to be together in the same cage? It should be their idea.

You may want to start out by giving them two separate cages side by side. If you find that they start climbing in together into ONE, you will know the answer. Otherwise, two cages are better.

Please keep us posted,
Maggie-

Postby Guest » Thu May 11, 2006 1:15 pm

Dear Maggie,
Thank you for replying. I love your book "African Grey Parrots." Our 2 new parrots are about 9 weeks old and still at the breeders. They are both male (we think) and clutch mates. We should get them sometime in June, so I am getting prepared. We are not new to companion parrots - our beloved "Seymour" died in March at 35 years old.
Thanks again, Penny

Postby Guest » Thu May 11, 2006 1:23 pm

Maggie,
I forgot to mention that the parrots are African Greys. The other thing I was worried about was them rejecting us and acting like mates, but from all I have read, that should not be a real problem. Thanks for the advice - I will provide 2 cages and see how it goes. We're excited!
Penny

Postby Guest » Fri May 12, 2006 1:05 am

Penny,

Please keep us posted!
Mag-

Return to Grey Questions