[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
AfricanGreys.com • View topic - my TAG won't poop in her cage

my TAG won't poop in her cage

Welcome to the Grey Play Round Table African grey Question and Answer Board. Maggie Wright, author of the Barron's Grey pet manual and creator of the Grey Play Round Table African grey newsletter/magazine, and Lisa Bono, African grey behavior expert, will be the two moderators to answer your questions. Please check out the areas that have already been dealt with... and submit your new questions.

Due to the incredibly high volume of SPAM, the board has been set up so that you cannot submit a question. Instead, please send me your question at merlin@AfricanGreys.com and I will post it for you. Then, both Lisa and I will post responses. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PLEASE send me your questions... we REALLY want to help you!!! merlin@AfricanGreys.com.

Wishing you GREY'T Blessings!
Maggie Wright

Moderator: merlin

my TAG won't poop in her cage

Postby mollypop82 » Mon May 01, 2006 6:40 pm

Pearl, a nine year old TAG, has lived with my fiance and me for almost five months now. I love her dearly and she has really brightened up our lives! I have a couple of questions about some of her behavior. When she eats her pellets the first time around she pretty much just breaks them into smaller pieces. Then later she pulls out the tray at the bottom of her cage and picks them up and grinds them into smaller pieces. I think this whole time she is eating some too. But since she likes to eat the food at the bottom of her cage, she will rarely poop in her cage. She seems to wait until we let her out and then let it all go. When she is out of the cage she doesn't hold in her poop. So I guess what I want to know is if it is hurting her in any way to hold her poop in until we can let her out. She is not usually in her cage for more than a couple hours at a time other than night time. Thanks for your help.
-Molly
mollypop82

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:27 pm

Hi Molly,

Sorry for my late reply. I forget to come to this section.

As long as you are not training her to hold her poop in the cage. If you are away for many hours, will she poop then in the cage?
Maggie-

Return to Grey Questions