Super Bowl Ready!

Welcome to the Grey Play Round Table African grey Question and Answer Board. Maggie Wright, author of the Barron's Grey pet manual and creator of the Grey Play Round Table African grey newsletter/magazine, and Lisa Bono, African grey behavior expert, will be the two moderators to answer your questions. Please check out the areas that have already been dealt with... and submit your new questions.

Due to the incredibly high volume of SPAM, the board has been set up so that you cannot submit a question. Instead, please send me your question at merlin@AfricanGreys.com and I will post it for you. Then, both Lisa and I will post responses. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PLEASE send me your questions... we REALLY want to help you!!! merlin@AfricanGreys.com.

Wishing you GREY'T Blessings!
Maggie Wright

Moderator: merlin

Super Bowl Ready!

Postby snipeorod » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:13 pm

Chili has fought off his infection and is all well now. He is not only talking up a storm but has readied himself for the upcoming Super Bowl. We are all Steelers fans in our house and Chili is no exception. He says "Chili want to watch football" "Touchdown Steelers", "Were going to the Super Bowl", and my favorite...when I say Pittsburgh..he says "here we go Steelers here we go!" He is two years old with a pretty good vocabulary, but from what I hear there are some greys on here that talk alot more. Does is just come with time or is there a magical age where they are just a sponge and absorb at a fast pace?
snipeorod

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:19 pm

Some Greys do naturally talk more than others.....but then you never know. Talk to Chili a lot. Use action phrases that he can learn to get things or go places. Such as, "Want perch," "Want apple," and so on.

Chili is into football because YOU are. You obviously get VERY excited watching the game and as a result, these phrases are more interesting to learn. There is a cool energy when you get excited watching sports. Use that same kind of excitement while working with Chili on other phrases.

Many Greys do become motormouths at approximately 2 years old. But they also keep learning as they get older.
Maggie-

Return to Grey Questions