Is my baby sick?

Welcome to the Grey Play Round Table African grey Question and Answer Board. Maggie Wright, author of the Barron's Grey pet manual and creator of the Grey Play Round Table African grey newsletter/magazine, and Lisa Bono, African grey behavior expert, will be the two moderators to answer your questions. Please check out the areas that have already been dealt with... and submit your new questions.

Due to the incredibly high volume of SPAM, the board has been set up so that you cannot submit a question. Instead, please send me your question at merlin@AfricanGreys.com and I will post it for you. Then, both Lisa and I will post responses. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PLEASE send me your questions... we REALLY want to help you!!! merlin@AfricanGreys.com.

Wishing you GREY'T Blessings!
Maggie Wright

Moderator: merlin

Is my baby sick?

Postby Yobs » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:21 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm a new mother of a beautiful 2 year old grey, Devon. I've had him for about 3 months and I just recently noticed that his poop is lime green and very watery (it is usually dark green and white) -- it's almost like he has diarrhea. His behavior has not changed, I haven't changed his diet and I don't think that he could have possible eaten anything he wasn't suppose to.

Should I hold off on going to the vet for a couple of days to see how he is or do you think I should take him right away? Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you!

Very worried mommy, Lauren.
Yobs

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:08 pm

Anytime you are concerned, you should ALWAYS call the vet. Don't wait a few days.

Please let us know what you find. Sometimes poop is watery because a bird has eaten watery foods and also green foods. But if you have seen this for a few days and are feeling concerned, PLEASE call the vet today.

Let us know.
Hugs,
Maggie-

Postby Yobs » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:54 pm

Maggie,

Thank you for your quick response. I took him to the vet first thing this morning and everything is ok, he is taking some precautionary medication. The vet seem to think the he was eating to many of one kind of nut and it wasn't agreeing with him.

Once again, thank you for your response!

Lauren
Yobs

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:36 am

Lauren,

I'm relieved for you guys. Thanks so much for keeping us informed.
Mag-

Return to Grey Questions