Levi

Welcome to the Grey Play Round Table African grey Question and Answer Board. Maggie Wright, author of the Barron's Grey pet manual and creator of the Grey Play Round Table African grey newsletter/magazine, and Lisa Bono, African grey behavior expert, will be the two moderators to answer your questions. Please check out the areas that have already been dealt with... and submit your new questions.

Due to the incredibly high volume of SPAM, the board has been set up so that you cannot submit a question. Instead, please send me your question at merlin@AfricanGreys.com and I will post it for you. Then, both Lisa and I will post responses. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PLEASE send me your questions... we REALLY want to help you!!! merlin@AfricanGreys.com.

Wishing you GREY'T Blessings!
Maggie Wright

Moderator: merlin

Levi

Postby lmblitz1 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:22 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maggie,
It has been over a year since I have posted to your site. My husband and I moved to a new home a year ago and other life changes got in the way. Just wanted to let you know that Levi (CAG) is now 4 years old and is such an asset to our family. We have no human children but we have Levi, a dog and a cat. Levi has become so much more animated. He and I got off to a bad start as my husband, Mark, is his "human of choice"! I did not give up on Levi (although at times it was very difficult). My perserverance has paid off! Levi learns almost all of his songs and games from me. He learns new songs, sounds and whistles in less than a week now. He speaks in my voice and Mark's voice, barks like the dog, meows like the cat, cackles and sings! He has also taught himself to play "peek-a-boo" with me. He actually turns his head to the side (as if to hide it) and says "Peek-a boo". He also blows me a kiss. He puts his right foot up to his mouth and makes a kissing noise. It is just amazing how far he has come. When I ask my husband a question, Levi says "Yep" before Mark can answer. I could go on and on as you know. I just wanted to let you know that we are doing much better than two years ago when I accidently pulled Levi out of his cage on my finger and he refused to have anything to do with me after that. It took a good two years to gain his trust. That happened over this past summer. I was unemployed for three months and spent a lot more "alone" time with Levi. One day, he actually came out of his cage on his own and came over to me to get some tortilla chips I had. I was able to capture this on video and it is a day I think back to fondly.
Thank you for the words of advice you gave me two years ago. At times I didn't think it would work but I stuck with it. We now have a happy little parrot that makes our lives much more fun! [/b]
lmblitz1

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:38 am

WOW!!! Thrilled to hear the news!

Please post a detailed description on what you did to help Levi. It will help many families.

GREY'T Blessings!
Mag-

Return to Grey Questions