[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
AfricanGreys.com • View topic - Taco is restless

Taco is restless

Welcome to the Grey Play Round Table African grey Question and Answer Board. Maggie Wright, author of the Barron's Grey pet manual and creator of the Grey Play Round Table African grey newsletter/magazine, and Lisa Bono, African grey behavior expert, will be the two moderators to answer your questions. Please check out the areas that have already been dealt with... and submit your new questions.

Due to the incredibly high volume of SPAM, the board has been set up so that you cannot submit a question. Instead, please send me your question at merlin@AfricanGreys.com and I will post it for you. Then, both Lisa and I will post responses. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PLEASE send me your questions... we REALLY want to help you!!! merlin@AfricanGreys.com.

Wishing you GREY'T Blessings!
Maggie Wright

Moderator: merlin

Re: Taco is restless

Postby Lisa A. Bono » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:50 pm

Hello!
Is Taco in an area that is quiet and undisturbed? (no tv/lights/noise?) She may be reacting to hearing you up and about. Every once in a while I will hear my guys moving around and one, Sydney always has a midnight snack! :wink:
They are in thier own room, covered and quiet. My little Emma decided she wanted a sleep cage at the age of 7.
She became very restless and would not calm down. Her sleep cage is next to her day cage. Each night when it's time to go to bed, she will climb into the smaller cage and settle down.
I would "listen" to her tonight and see if she settles. Perhaps she was intune with something that we are not aware of (Like the northeast's Earthquake last week) and things will return to normal.
If not, then try to notice ANYTHING differnt in the room or the environment. Make sure she has peace and quiet and if that doesn't work, consider a sleep cage in a quiet area so she is able to get the rest she needs.
Good Luck!
Lisa A. Bono

Postby merlin » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:59 pm

Hi!

2 1/2 years is that time when Greys tend to have lots and lots of energy. When they are young, they tend to play a whole lot in their cages, but when they are older, most of them settle down a bit. My Sweetpea was the big toy player in her younger years. She still is, but not to the level as when she was young.

I agree with Lisa that Taco may have been reacting to something going on in the earth, such as the earthquake and storms.

Or, it sounds like he could have had a lot of stored up energy. What did he eat the night before?

My guys sleep in sleeping cages that are in dark rooms with their cages 3/4 covered. Still then, sometimes in the middle of the night, Pea tends to chew up some of her wood toys that I leave in there with her. However, she doesn't have a bell to ring. LOL.

It sounds like Taco is just a healthy, happy boy that wanted to express this in the middle of the night. Make sure he has access to sleeping in a dark, quiet room... or a sleeping cage that can be as small as a carrier case (with perch and water).

Please keep us posted.
Blessings,
Maggie-
merlin
Site Admin

Postby merlin » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:42 pm

Forgive me! Taco sounds like a happy, healthy GIRL! Please keep us informed as to how she is doing.

My guys LOVE their sleeping cages. Not only do sleeping cages give them a private dark place to be (with nite lite in the hallway), but the convenience of using sleeping cages also allows me to be able to thoroughly wipe down the birds' day cages every evening.

Blessings,
Maggie-
merlin
Site Admin

Return to Grey Questions