playgrounds

Welcome to the Grey Play Round Table African grey Question and Answer Board. Maggie Wright, author of the Barron's Grey pet manual and creator of the Grey Play Round Table African grey newsletter/magazine, and Lisa Bono, African grey behavior expert, will be the two moderators to answer your questions. Please check out the areas that have already been dealt with... and submit your new questions.

Due to the incredibly high volume of SPAM, the board has been set up so that you cannot submit a question. Instead, please send me your question at merlin@AfricanGreys.com and I will post it for you. Then, both Lisa and I will post responses. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PLEASE send me your questions... we REALLY want to help you!!! merlin@AfricanGreys.com.

Wishing you GREY'T Blessings!
Maggie Wright

Moderator: merlin

playgrounds

Postby anchor51 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:59 pm

I am buying 2 CAGs and will be a new bird owner. I bought a large cage for them and am planning on keeping it in the kitchen. I thought I'd purchase a large playground (like on featherfantasy.com) and keep it in the living room and it could also be moved on our lanai and to different rooms. What is your suggestion?
anchor51

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:48 pm

Are the two birds close already? Are they already caged together? If not, it is not a good idea to put them together in the same cage. If they have not been together, please keep them in separate cages and introduce them to each other slowly. Please read my articles about the tribulations of introducing my two Greys, Merlin and Pea. (article section of the site)

If they already live together, it is okay to house them together in the same large cage at your home.

Secondly, I don't really recommend that you place their cage in the kitchen. There are lots of fumes in the kitchen and another area of the house would be safer.

The playpen sounds just fine.

Please keep me posted,
Maggie-

Return to Grey Questions