Routines

Welcome to the Grey Play Round Table African grey Question and Answer Board. Maggie Wright, author of the Barron's Grey pet manual and creator of the Grey Play Round Table African grey newsletter/magazine, and Lisa Bono, African grey behavior expert, will be the two moderators to answer your questions. Please check out the areas that have already been dealt with... and submit your new questions.

Due to the incredibly high volume of SPAM, the board has been set up so that you cannot submit a question. Instead, please send me your question at merlin@AfricanGreys.com and I will post it for you. Then, both Lisa and I will post responses. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PLEASE send me your questions... we REALLY want to help you!!! merlin@AfricanGreys.com.

Wishing you GREY'T Blessings!
Maggie Wright

Moderator: merlin

Routines

Postby Spider » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:26 pm

Maggie--

Expecting Spider in a week. Have gone over routines in my head over several weeks and feel like I have the weekday down well. He is set from morning till evening. There is plenty of interaction time in the morning, food, toys in the cage, and evening time fun to be had by all. And there is a sleeper cage as well. Now comes the weekend. Its more lose. I work on Sat, and leave earlier than usual in the morning. Spider may have to forgo a shower and breakfast with me and go straight to the day cage. I may come back later as I may meet friends for dinner. This may interrupt evening play time he may be used to during the week. Once in a while, I may be out really late and will not be able to get him into the sleeper cage till much later. Sundays I am home more, that means that he would be out of the cage more and do more with me. Then its back to Mondays...What is your take? There is one one in the home, I am it. John :?
Spider

Postby Maggie- » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:42 am

John,

That is fine. You don't want to create a "rigid" routine because Spider will come to expect it. It is better to have routines and then make changes...and some days, the routine varies here and there. The key is a positive attitude and to hang out with him when you can on those other days, and as much as you can.

Blessings,
Maggie-
Maggie-

Return to Grey Questions