[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
AfricanGreys.com • View topic - Favorite Grey play toys

Favorite Grey play toys

Welcome to the Grey Play Round Table African grey Question and Answer Board. Maggie Wright, author of the Barron's Grey pet manual and creator of the Grey Play Round Table African grey newsletter/magazine, and Lisa Bono, African grey behavior expert, will be the two moderators to answer your questions. Please check out the areas that have already been dealt with... and submit your new questions.

Due to the incredibly high volume of SPAM, the board has been set up so that you cannot submit a question. Instead, please send me your question at merlin@AfricanGreys.com and I will post it for you. Then, both Lisa and I will post responses. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PLEASE send me your questions... we REALLY want to help you!!! merlin@AfricanGreys.com.

Wishing you GREY'T Blessings!
Maggie Wright

Moderator: merlin

Favorite Grey play toys

Postby Maggie- » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:36 pm

I look at this board every day to see if there are any questions. Please ask if you do. Or make an observation.

What are your Greys' favorite toys? Mine are older and do not play as much now. They prefer paper bags to scratch in on top of their cages when they are out. My Merlin uses a paper towel roll as a perch at the very bottom of her cage.

GREY'T Blessings,
Maggie-
Maggie-

Postby Paola » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:23 am

Hi Maggie,

Leo likes to play with a little catt toy, its a liitle boll with an bell in the boll.
And then he likes paper to. Then he LOVES to dance to Bob Marley specially the song Buffalo Soldier, this song have i dedicate to Leo, if you lissen to it you undertand. I write down some lyrics so you understand...

"Buffalo soldier stolen from africa, brought to america (but i sing Sweden)
fighting on arrival, fighting to survival. If you know your history then you would know where you coming from, ect ect..

Greetings from Paola and Leo
Paola

Postby Maggie- » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:35 pm

Paola,

Does Leo like to play in and chew paperbags or cardboard boxes? When I was in NYC, I used to go to the local pizzaria and order "CLEAN" pizza boxes because my guys LOVED chewing them up. I got so many that they started charging me...50 cents each. Well worth it!

Describe how Leo dances. Does he bob up and down or does he just bop his head up and down?

Maggie-
Maggie-

Postby Paola » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:20 am

Hi Maggie,
Leo likes cardboard boxes, he turn into small small pieses.

For the most he is bob up and down, and when he does that he whistle to.
He goes round and bob up and down. But if somone is coming in the room he stops immediate. Only with my daughter and my granddaughter he dont stop, we are singing together to him and he just love that.
Paola

Postby Maggie- » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:19 am

VERY TYPICAL! Greys are so shy that they tend to clam up when the audience comes to them. But the more they are exposed to the audience, they may eventually lighten up.

Thanks!
Mag-
Maggie-

Postby allie » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:05 am

Luna likes easily shredded matierials arranged in an interesting and new way. Two days ago, I spent a lot of time making a complicated toy for her, she tugged at it twice. I spent one minute balling up some newspaper and tying jute knots around it, hung it with one bead and for two days she hit at the ball and pulled bits of newpaper out from between the knots.

She also loves tiny shiney or colorful pieces of stuff, like pretty colored acrylic. She likes her toys small and with bells too.

Allie and Luna
The bird that lives with me is smarter than me!
allie

Postby Maggie- » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:13 am

Isn't it COOL how our Greys have different interests and like different types of toys???

I love reading these posts!
Maggie-
Maggie-

Toys=, night fright and food.

Postby Ann » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:16 pm

Maggie, my little TG doesn't play with any toys that I have given him. They said he was 5 years old but I really don't know when he was hatched. He had no band on his leg. My little Smokey played all the time and would really get mad at one toy. Bobby is so different. He has not had any night frights since I added the night lite. He does not like a sleeping cage. He is very fond of his cage and I don't think I will be able to get him in another one very soon. I did want to take him to Fla. with me but I as just about convinced that he would be happier here at home with my Severe macaw. My daughter would come over and take care of them. The door to his cage would be open all day except at night. My only concern is the night fright but he hasn't had one since that first time. Since I have only had him a short time and he is really getting used to our house give me your opinion about an 11 hour trip in a car and going to a strange house. Smoky went with us all the time and did fine but I just don't know about Bobbie. I hate to leave him but since I have had no success in putting him in another cage I just don't know. Ann[/list]
Ann

Postby Maggie- » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:32 pm

Hi Ann,

If you are concerned about the night fright potential, could you ask your daughter to stay in your home at night while you are gone?

Just because Bobbie doesn't want to go in a sleeping cage doesn't mean he won't acclimate well to a trip. But first you need to get him used to doing things like that. Have you taken him out of the house in a carrier...or in your car...? I would try short overnight things with him first. He will be ancy if not slowly acclimated to doing that kind of thing.

Soooo, you guys need to take an overnight somewhere together. I used to take both Pea and Merlin out on their separate trips. They LOVED it. To Merlin, it meant she owned me because she was always with me....the same with Pea. Pea even went to an outdoor concert with me (in her travel cage).

They don't do it much now because I don't want them out in the hot Southwest weather....and I have too many children to be able to leave now.

Bobbie may surprise you! Keep me posted.
GREY'T Blessings,
Maggie-
Maggie-

Toys

Postby Donna1 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:11 pm

Donna1

Postby Maggie » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:29 pm

Maggie

Return to Grey Questions