help please

Welcome to the Grey Play Round Table African grey Question and Answer Board. Maggie Wright, author of the Barron's Grey pet manual and creator of the Grey Play Round Table African grey newsletter/magazine, and Lisa Bono, African grey behavior expert, will be the two moderators to answer your questions. Please check out the areas that have already been dealt with... and submit your new questions.

Due to the incredibly high volume of SPAM, the board has been set up so that you cannot submit a question. Instead, please send me your question at merlin@AfricanGreys.com and I will post it for you. Then, both Lisa and I will post responses. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PLEASE send me your questions... we REALLY want to help you!!! merlin@AfricanGreys.com.

Wishing you GREY'T Blessings!
Maggie Wright

Moderator: merlin

help please

Postby gizmonel » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:07 pm

i am running out of food fast for my birdies.

problem is my boss hasnt paid me yet and lilo is very fussy about veggies doesnt eat them at all, he does eat them but not too well.

any ideas on what i can feed him for one or two days?
gizmonel

Postby Maggie » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:09 pm

Spoon feed Baby food. Spoon feed pureed butternut squash or pureed sweet potato.

Sometimes, when there are issues, I feed my guys what they will eat.....like the sunflower seeds or peanuts and so on. That is, whatever they will eat. But this is only for emergency.

There is nothing wrong with sunflower seeds or peanuts(no more than 2 per day). Except they need to be fed in small amounts on a daily basis and within a much wider range of healthy food. But when there is an emergency and the birds and I are uptight (like no electricity and other emergencies), I give them what I can get them to eat.

Please keep us posted. My computer was down for a few days. Forgive me if my reply is late.

GREY'T Blessings,
Maggie-
Maggie

food

Postby gizmonel » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:47 am

Hello Maggie, sorry for the delay in replying busy past few days.

YESS Lilo survived the no food for a day or two quite fine, he did eat bits and pieces of veggies and fruits but gave hime what he eats willingly and thats organic shelled peanuts LOL

he is doing well although he is getting aggressive as his feathers are too big hehehe.

i will keep you posted on his progress, thanks for caring. :)
gizmonel

Postby Maggie- » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:11 am

Glad Lilo survived the few days. Alicia McWatters wrote a really good article on peanuts.....you may want to check it out in the nutrition section of the public part of this site.

What do you mean by "feathers are too big?" Describe to me the aggression that is going on...and perhaps I can help you create strategies that will help you handle the aggression.

Maggie-
Maggie-

Return to Grey Questions