Lice & Mites

Welcome to the Grey Play Round Table African grey Question and Answer Board. Maggie Wright, author of the Barron's Grey pet manual and creator of the Grey Play Round Table African grey newsletter/magazine, and Lisa Bono, African grey behavior expert, will be the two moderators to answer your questions. Please check out the areas that have already been dealt with... and submit your new questions.

Due to the incredibly high volume of SPAM, the board has been set up so that you cannot submit a question. Instead, please send me your question at merlin@AfricanGreys.com and I will post it for you. Then, both Lisa and I will post responses. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PLEASE send me your questions... we REALLY want to help you!!! merlin@AfricanGreys.com.

Wishing you GREY'T Blessings!
Maggie Wright

Moderator: merlin

Lice & Mites

Postby snipeorod » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:43 pm

I have seen various products for lice and mites for birds. Are these products really needed and should they be used? I have never really noticed Chili have a problem with this. I have never seen him scratch excessively but if lice and mites are an issue with parrots I sure would like to be prepared or bettter yet avoid them altogether. Any input is greatly appreciated.
snipeorod

Postby Maggie » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:38 pm

They are not a problem with parrots. They relate more to wild birds.

If your baby does scratch excessively, it would more relate to dry skin, incoming feathers/molting and so on.

Have a GREY'T weekend!
Maggie-
Maggie

Postby snipeorod » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:24 am

Thank you very much Maggie.
snipeorod

Postby Maggie- » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:37 pm

You're very welcome!!!
Mag-
Maggie-

Return to Grey Questions