hungry Lilo lmao

Welcome to the Grey Play Round Table African grey Question and Answer Board. Maggie Wright, author of the Barron's Grey pet manual and creator of the Grey Play Round Table African grey newsletter/magazine, and Lisa Bono, African grey behavior expert, will be the two moderators to answer your questions. Please check out the areas that have already been dealt with... and submit your new questions.

Due to the incredibly high volume of SPAM, the board has been set up so that you cannot submit a question. Instead, please send me your question at merlin@AfricanGreys.com and I will post it for you. Then, both Lisa and I will post responses. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PLEASE send me your questions... we REALLY want to help you!!! merlin@AfricanGreys.com.

Wishing you GREY'T Blessings!
Maggie Wright

Moderator: merlin

hungry Lilo lmao

Postby gizmonel » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:48 pm

well this was interesting.

i woke up today an hour later and my oh my was i greeted by a hungry grey lol.

i rarely say this word but i heard from lilo this morning, i went to start routine of cleaning his cage, feeding him and bathing him when i heard a loud **** OFF coming from a grey in my dads voice lol then he said lilo hungry hehehe that just cracked me up had to laugh.
gizmonel

Postby Maggie- » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:40 pm

When a bird's gotta eat, a bird's gotta eat. You should know that by now! Shame on you for getting up late! LOL!!!

That brings up a warm story I remember about our special Jojo, the miracle baby who has survived through so much difficulty. When Margaret first got him and after a set of difficulties, Margaret woke up one morning to a voice saying, "I'm hunger! I'm hunger!"

You can read the beginning part of the story about Jojo at
http://www.naturescornermagazine.com/sample_issue.html
It is in Sample Issue 012.

Have a GREY'T PM!
Mag-
Maggie-

great story

Postby gizmonel » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:19 pm

Thanks Maggie.

Yes i know better now not to wake up late hehehe :)
gizmonel

Postby Maggie » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:33 pm

See how well Lilo has YOU trained?????

LOL,
Mag-
Maggie

Postby allie » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:38 am

My girl first woke me with "Good Morning Everybody" this week! But her first words after I pull her cover off her cage are "Go get your dinner!? or "Fixin' dinner?"

She hasn't learned "breakfast" yet. I'm sure she will.

Great example of a Grey's use of language to express himself, Gizmonel!

My bird says, "Cut it out!" or "Be Quiet" when she's upset with people. She learned these from her previous neglectful owner I promise!

Allie
The bird that lives with me is smarter than me!
allie

Postby Maggie- » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:02 am

Brilliant! My greys haven't learned breakfast either. Everything is APPLE. They always ask, "Want some apple."

Hugs to yours!
Mag-
Maggie-

Return to Grey Questions