yippee

Welcome to the Grey Play Round Table African grey Question and Answer Board. Maggie Wright, author of the Barron's Grey pet manual and creator of the Grey Play Round Table African grey newsletter/magazine, and Lisa Bono, African grey behavior expert, will be the two moderators to answer your questions. Please check out the areas that have already been dealt with... and submit your new questions.

Due to the incredibly high volume of SPAM, the board has been set up so that you cannot submit a question. Instead, please send me your question at merlin@AfricanGreys.com and I will post it for you. Then, both Lisa and I will post responses. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PLEASE send me your questions... we REALLY want to help you!!! merlin@AfricanGreys.com.

Wishing you GREY'T Blessings!
Maggie Wright

Moderator: merlin

yippee

Postby gizmonel » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:06 pm

lilo is learning portuguese woohoo thought i would share this hehehe.

he knows how to say hello, good bye, peanuts in portuguese i am so excited hehehe.
gizmonel

Postby Maggie » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:52 pm

WOW! Congrats, Lilo!

Is Lilo going to Portugal for a trip? Will he be meeting some portuguese people? This is all too exciting!
GREY'T Blessings,
Maggie-
Maggie

portuguese parrot lol

Postby gizmonel » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:03 pm

hey maggie i am portuguese hehehe.

my dad talks to lilo in portuguese and finally he is comprehending and saying what he wants in portuguese, he knows many words both in english and portuguese lol.
gizmonel

Postby allie » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:25 am

A bilingual Grey! I love it!

Allie
The bird that lives with me is smarter than me!
allie

Postby Maggie » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:55 am

Cool! I love Portugal. I used to go there with my parents on vacation. It is a wonderful country! Where are your ancestors from? Where are you living now?

Bilinguals are GREY'T. My Merle learned to say: Te quiero mucho!

Are there any other bilinguals on this board????

GREY'T,
Maggie-
Maggie

good day

Postby gizmonel » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:28 am

Good day my friends, well Maggie my parents are from Sao Miguel, Azores (tiny island in atlantic ocean lol) they immigrated here to Canada in 1962 and have been ever since.

We live in a city called Brampton its about 20 minutes west of Toronto.

Lilo is a smart one hehehe, me the dumb one he can out smart me lol
gizmonel

Postby Maggie » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:03 pm

It's not so bad being outsmarted by a genius!
Mag-
Maggie

Postby snipeorod » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:23 am

Greys are just too smart! Chili speaks primarily speaks english but he can also speak a little spanish and the foreign exchange student we are hosting from Belgium has taught him French. He says hello, how are you in French. Our student says Chili has a better French accent than I do. LOL ...by the way it is football season and Chili knows it. On Sunday mornings he sees me with my jersey on and he says 'Chili wanna watch football'
snipeorod

Postby Maggie- » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:08 pm

Chili is WAY TOO COOL! Sounds like he is going to be one of those prolific talkers who astound you at every moment!

Please continue to share your anecdotes!
Maggie-
Maggie-

Return to Grey Questions