regurgitating

Welcome to the Grey Play Round Table African grey Question and Answer Board. Maggie Wright, author of the Barron's Grey pet manual and creator of the Grey Play Round Table African grey newsletter/magazine, and Lisa Bono, African grey behavior expert, will be the two moderators to answer your questions. Please check out the areas that have already been dealt with... and submit your new questions.

Due to the incredibly high volume of SPAM, the board has been set up so that you cannot submit a question. Instead, please send me your question at merlin@AfricanGreys.com and I will post it for you. Then, both Lisa and I will post responses. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PLEASE send me your questions... we REALLY want to help you!!! merlin@AfricanGreys.com.

Wishing you GREY'T Blessings!
Maggie Wright

Moderator: merlin

regurgitating

Postby cluckers » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:22 pm

Hi Maggie,
The trouble I'm having is every morning when I go to Joe's cage, open the door to pet and give him head scratching, he starts regurgitating. I then back off and go over to Tiki's cage as to not encourage this. Tiki gives me kisses and I can roll him over on his back and scratch his neck and have no problem with him. This behavior has been going on for a long time and It's not just in the morning. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank You, Rick, Joe and Tiki.
cluckers

Postby Maggie » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:55 am

Rick,

My, my! Joe is in love!!! I hope that you thank him profusely for his love and do spend time with him...even when he does regurgitate.

An idea may be to give him a hand toy or treat to hold in his beak while you are with him. Also, it helps to change the activity. For example, if he regurgitates at the cage in the AM when you come up, could you pick him up on your hand and go to another part of the room or do some other activity? Just try to switch things around. Also remember that this is the big time for LOVE....being the warm breeding season.

But, my oh my, are you lucky or what!?!

GREY'T Blessings,
Maggie-
Maggie

Return to Grey Questions