nails

Welcome to the Grey Play Round Table African grey Question and Answer Board. Maggie Wright, author of the Barron's Grey pet manual and creator of the Grey Play Round Table African grey newsletter/magazine, and Lisa Bono, African grey behavior expert, will be the two moderators to answer your questions. Please check out the areas that have already been dealt with... and submit your new questions.

Due to the incredibly high volume of SPAM, the board has been set up so that you cannot submit a question. Instead, please send me your question at merlin@AfricanGreys.com and I will post it for you. Then, both Lisa and I will post responses. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PLEASE send me your questions... we REALLY want to help you!!! merlin@AfricanGreys.com.

Wishing you GREY'T Blessings!
Maggie Wright

Moderator: merlin

nails

Postby gizmonel » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:41 pm

why is it that lilo is chewing on his nails? cant seem to figure it out yet.

he had his nails trimmed and filed 4 weeks ago and since then he has been biting/chewing

it is becoming frustrating to hear it all the time, any ideas on what i can do?
gizmonel

Postby Maagie » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:50 pm

Accept it. It is a Grey thing. They chew & sharpen their nails.
Mag-
Maagie

WEW!

Postby gizmonel » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:52 pm

thanks maggie i now know the why hehehe
gizmonel

Postby Maggie » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:53 pm

Wow! You were fast! An immediate repy! Wow!
Mag-
Maggie

nail biting

Postby aunticol » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:19 am

When I got my Grey (Tyleen) she also bit her nails. I asked about it too. The groomer said "isn't it better she bits her nails then her feathers". I would agree. So since then, it doesn't bother me. Funny thing, I also bit my nails.
aunticol

Postby Maggie » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:56 pm

That's a good way to look at it. But ALL greys bite their nails. They don't really bite them....they sharpen them. They need sharp nails for surviving in Nature. This is an instinctive thing that they do.

Your baby may ALSO be replicating your nail biting too!
GREY'T Blessings,
Maggie-
Maggie

Postby allie » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:12 am

Yep, my Luna chews and bites her nails too!

Allie
The bird that lives with me is smarter than me!
allie

Postby Maggie- » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:35 pm

They certainly get sharp, don't they?????

Maggie-
Maggie-

Return to Grey Questions