digging

Welcome to the Grey Play Round Table African grey Question and Answer Board. Maggie Wright, author of the Barron's Grey pet manual and creator of the Grey Play Round Table African grey newsletter/magazine, and Lisa Bono, African grey behavior expert, will be the two moderators to answer your questions. Please check out the areas that have already been dealt with... and submit your new questions.

Due to the incredibly high volume of SPAM, the board has been set up so that you cannot submit a question. Instead, please send me your question at merlin@AfricanGreys.com and I will post it for you. Then, both Lisa and I will post responses. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PLEASE send me your questions... we REALLY want to help you!!! merlin@AfricanGreys.com.

Wishing you GREY'T Blessings!
Maggie Wright

Moderator: merlin

digging

Postby sidney » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:20 pm

my 7 week old baby has started to dig, is he making a nest or what? He has lots of toys and CONSTANT attention. :?: Help
sidney

Postby Maggie- » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:59 pm

Hi Sidney,

Digging is VERY AFRICAN GREY! We do not know WHY....but they dig lots as babies and even older Greys will get in the bottom of their cages and dig. It may be instinctively due to a few things:
-digging in nest cavities to move away wood chips
- digging as a part of the ground foraging they do in Africa when they eat some of the mud and grasses from the ground.
- or for some other reason

Just know that your baby is NOT bored. He is is just doing what Greys do and will continue throughout the years to do it.

Hoping this calms your anxiety about the digging.

GREY'T Blessings,
Maggie-
Maggie-

Return to Grey Questions