[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
AfricanGreys.com • View topic - Biting off baby feathers

Biting off baby feathers

Welcome to the Grey Play Round Table African grey Question and Answer Board. Maggie Wright, author of the Barron's Grey pet manual and creator of the Grey Play Round Table African grey newsletter/magazine, and Lisa Bono, African grey behavior expert, will be the two moderators to answer your questions. Please check out the areas that have already been dealt with... and submit your new questions.

Due to the incredibly high volume of SPAM, the board has been set up so that you cannot submit a question. Instead, please send me your question at merlin@AfricanGreys.com and I will post it for you. Then, both Lisa and I will post responses. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PLEASE send me your questions... we REALLY want to help you!!! merlin@AfricanGreys.com.

Wishing you GREY'T Blessings!
Maggie Wright

Moderator: merlin

Biting off baby feathers

Postby morganme68 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:12 pm

Hello

I have 2 CAGs and the one I am worried about is a younger male Flump, 4 years old. I have been finding baby feathers in sheaths and shredded on the floor of his bedroom cage for the last 2 mornings.

He does not do this in the day.

Both birds have bed time cages which they always sleep in - I let them have 11 hours in there 8 till 7. Flumpy has always hated his bed time cage - I can hear his heart beating at bed time. But I have always been firm thinking it was for the best. Any attempts I have made to get him to sleep anywhere else have failed - any other room will cause him to get distrurbed I onyl have a small home.

I am going to let him stay up till may partner and I go to bed tonight and then I will take him and let him sleep by me to see if he is doing this through stress in the bed time cage.

Please help.

Thanks, Michelle
morganme68

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:24 am

Did you move something? Did you put something in the room or a new toy in or around the cage?

My Sweetpea preens in the middle of the night. Could he be doing this?

Please decsribe the problems you have been having to get him to go to sleep. Maybe we can identify something causing stress.

Has there been bad weather in your area? Greys are extra sensitive, and he may be reacting to something in the environment.

Or he could be ready to get up before you get him up.

There is a myriad of possible causes. I'm here to help you.

GREY'T Blessings,
Maggie-

Biting off baby feathers escalated

Postby morganme68 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:05 pm

morganme68

Postby Maggie- » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:33 am

Maggie-

Biting off baby feathers escalated

Postby morganme68 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:50 pm

morganme68

Postby Maggie » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:27 pm

Maggie