CAG and popping noise ... ??

Welcome to the Grey Play Round Table African grey Question and Answer Board. Maggie Wright, author of the Barron's Grey pet manual and creator of the Grey Play Round Table African grey newsletter/magazine, and Lisa Bono, African grey behavior expert, will be the two moderators to answer your questions. Please check out the areas that have already been dealt with... and submit your new questions.

Due to the incredibly high volume of SPAM, the board has been set up so that you cannot submit a question. Instead, please send me your question at merlin@AfricanGreys.com and I will post it for you. Then, both Lisa and I will post responses. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PLEASE send me your questions... we REALLY want to help you!!! merlin@AfricanGreys.com.

Wishing you GREY'T Blessings!
Maggie Wright

Moderator: merlin

CAG and popping noise ... ??

Postby scubasoul » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:33 pm

Hello Maggie,

I just remembered that I had wanted to ask you about another issue ...

When I came home the other day, Sally had just woken up from a nap. After she had stretched out and stepped onto my hand, I noticed a popping noise coming from her. What was making this noise? Was it her muscles?? It did not seem to bother her but I thought it was odd and I never heard it before ... What do you think?

Thanks for your reply,
Elke
scubasoul

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:28 am

I think she's fine. My Pea does that a lot but I don't know what it is. I thought it could be bones..but could be muscles. Does anyone reading know or have anything to add?
Maggie-

popping noise

Postby Lucysmom » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:34 pm

I've noticed that too- thought maybe since birds' bones are hollow, maybe it's a little like us cracking our knuckles- or maybe is the crop rumbling? I haven't figured that out either, but doesn't seem to cause her any discomfort.
Lucysmom

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:40 pm

Not here either.
Maggie-

Return to Grey Questions