New Baby!!!

Welcome to the Grey Play Round Table African grey Question and Answer Board. Maggie Wright, author of the Barron's Grey pet manual and creator of the Grey Play Round Table African grey newsletter/magazine, and Lisa Bono, African grey behavior expert, will be the two moderators to answer your questions. Please check out the areas that have already been dealt with... and submit your new questions.

Due to the incredibly high volume of SPAM, the board has been set up so that you cannot submit a question. Instead, please send me your question at merlin@AfricanGreys.com and I will post it for you. Then, both Lisa and I will post responses. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PLEASE send me your questions... we REALLY want to help you!!! merlin@AfricanGreys.com.

Wishing you GREY'T Blessings!
Maggie Wright

Moderator: merlin

New Baby!!!

Postby Tcr8on » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:46 pm

I just put a deposit on a new baby CAG!!! I am soooo excited to finally get my own grey! I have a foster Timneh who is around 20 years old, 3 Quakers, and 2 Tiels. I am looking for non-gendered African names for my baby. Any suggestions will be much appreciated! Also, this is my first baby so any suggestions or tips would be very helpful. :D
Tcr8on

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:19 pm

PLEASE get my book! It will help you: African Grey Parrots: A Complete Pet Owner's Manual.

Why don't you look for some sites that may talk about African names for the baby.

Keep us posted as you get closer!
Maggie-

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:38 am

I have your book, Maggie! It has been well read!!! The book has so many dogeared pages it opens right up!

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:50 pm

I'm THRILLED that the book helps you and your baby! Please let us know the name that you choose!
Maggie-

Postby Tcr8on » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:22 am

I got my baby today!!! We decided on Pippin for a name, non-gendered LOTR name! She (?) is soooo sweet and cuddly and I am just soaking it in. Jiggibird seems happy to have her here too. She was very animated and whistled alot! Some whistles I havent heard before and she spoke her name several times. She rarely speaks with us in the room. She would start a wolf whistle, break it off and wait for me to reply and then finish the last part of the whistle! She has never done that before! She also came out of her cage without any coaxing. We have been telling her a new baby is coming for several days now so I dont know if that made her so excited to see her. Another book I have recently purchased and partially read is Parrots For Dummies. Between your book, this forum and the dummies book....I am sure to have most of the info I need. Thank you for your patience and encouragement!
Tcr8on

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:56 pm

Please read my articles in the article section of this site about introducing my two Greys. You need to make Jiggerbird feel like he's the TOP BIRD. If you don't, he may become jealous.

Always remember to give him the attention first and let him be the first to do things. Also, SHOWER him with love.

Congratulations!
Maggie-

Return to Grey Questions