[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
AfricanGreys.com • View topic - More Questions about Jiggabird

More Questions about Jiggabird

Welcome to the Grey Play Round Table African grey Question and Answer Board. Maggie Wright, author of the Barron's Grey pet manual and creator of the Grey Play Round Table African grey newsletter/magazine, and Lisa Bono, African grey behavior expert, will be the two moderators to answer your questions. Please check out the areas that have already been dealt with... and submit your new questions.

Due to the incredibly high volume of SPAM, the board has been set up so that you cannot submit a question. Instead, please send me your question at merlin@AfricanGreys.com and I will post it for you. Then, both Lisa and I will post responses. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PLEASE send me your questions... we REALLY want to help you!!! merlin@AfricanGreys.com.

Wishing you GREY'T Blessings!
Maggie Wright

Moderator: merlin

More Questions about Jiggabird

Postby Teejj » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:34 pm

I have been told by several bird ppl that the white/pink feathers around her nape and chest area are mutations. I understand what mutations are but I'm not sure of what this means in bird terms. Does this make her rare? Is it something that we should be concerned about if she breeds? Also, she let's out a loud "peep" when I enter/leave the room and when she and I are "beaking." I have assumed this is a happy noise but I have also noticed it when she is nervous like when the dogs come around her cage. Do other greys do this too? Oh, and head bobbing! Is this happy stuff too??? Thanks for being so patient with me.
Teejj

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:08 am

One at a time:

Head bobbing is a feeding and love gesture. Parents regurgitate and feed their babies. But they also head bob and feed to show love. Babies do it too to show love....feeding shows love.

The colors are beautiful. It makes her more rare than ones without it. I say that because there are lots of birds with it. Also, it may grow out as she gets older. Enjoy the beauty of it.

The peep sounds like some sort of greeting.

Yes. She probably is nervous when the dogs enter. Remember that dogs are natural predators. So, please set boundaries and do not let the dogs within a certain area of her cage. It may help to either put a barrier or make it so that her cage is higher and she feels safer away from from them.

GREY'T Blessings,
Maggie-

Return to Grey Questions