[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
AfricanGreys.com • View topic - Cage

Cage

Welcome to the Grey Play Round Table African grey Question and Answer Board. Maggie Wright, author of the Barron's Grey pet manual and creator of the Grey Play Round Table African grey newsletter/magazine, and Lisa Bono, African grey behavior expert, will be the two moderators to answer your questions. Please check out the areas that have already been dealt with... and submit your new questions.

Due to the incredibly high volume of SPAM, the board has been set up so that you cannot submit a question. Instead, please send me your question at merlin@AfricanGreys.com and I will post it for you. Then, both Lisa and I will post responses. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PLEASE send me your questions... we REALLY want to help you!!! merlin@AfricanGreys.com.

Wishing you GREY'T Blessings!
Maggie Wright

Moderator: merlin

Cage

Postby snipeorod » Fri May 12, 2006 10:49 pm

I was recently shopping for a new cage for Chili. What I was looking for was a cage that had external feeders so anyone can feed him while we are away. I bought a Elite Bird Homes cage and was very dissappointed. The construction was terrible. I think I have decided I will buy a stainless steel cage just not sure which one yet. Can you or anyone out there recommend a cage, stainless steel or powder coated?
snipeorod

cages

Postby cluckers » Sat May 13, 2006 12:21 am

I have two cages from Kings cages which I got through Maggie. They are excellent in my opinion. Feed and water trays swing out. Bottom tray and wrack slide out for easy cleaning. They are made well and clean easily. I have had the first one for about a year and a half.
cluckers

Postby snipeorod » Sun May 14, 2006 4:38 pm

Thank you for the reply...I will look into Kings cages. Have you or anyone else seen the Freedom Cages?
snipeorod

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:11 pm

No, I've never seen Freedom Cages. Are they good?
Maggie-

Postby Teejj » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:27 pm

My rescued Timneh Jiggabird came with a Cal Cage that is really nice. It has the feeder doors, removable top and bottom trays, removable grate and a perch on top with feeder bowl holders. I'm not sure of the cost of the cage because we got it when we took her in but I highly recommend it and so does Jiggy!
Teejj

Postby snipeorod » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:39 pm

I have only seen the Freedom Cages online. They seem to be good quality stainless steel and their feeder seems to be a great idea. I just don't know if they are worth paying that much for one. The problem I have is when I leave on vacation or go away for a few days...I need someone to feed Chili. I need a cage that has an external feeder that can completely isolate the person servicing the cage from Chili. Right now if you get near his cage to feed him he stands on his bowls and does not let anyone (but me) remove his bowl. I will look into the Cal Cages.
snipeorod

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:14 am

That IS a challenge. That's cause he's defending his territory, as a powerful Grey male should do! Or even female should do.

In the interim, you could probably play games, such as give him a treat at one side and put food in the other. That would last only a few times until he figures it out though.

Let us know when you find a GREY'T cage that resolves this issue.
Maggie-

Return to Grey Questions