New Magazine

Welcome to the Grey Play Round Table African grey Question and Answer Board. Maggie Wright, author of the Barron's Grey pet manual and creator of the Grey Play Round Table African grey newsletter/magazine, and Lisa Bono, African grey behavior expert, will be the two moderators to answer your questions. Please check out the areas that have already been dealt with... and submit your new questions.

Due to the incredibly high volume of SPAM, the board has been set up so that you cannot submit a question. Instead, please send me your question at merlin@AfricanGreys.com and I will post it for you. Then, both Lisa and I will post responses. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PLEASE send me your questions... we REALLY want to help you!!! merlin@AfricanGreys.com.

Wishing you GREY'T Blessings!
Maggie Wright

Moderator: merlin

New Magazine

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:04 pm

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to let you know again that the Grey Play Round Table(R) Magazine is being restaged into Nature's Corner Magazine. Nature's Corner will explore and celebrate intelligence, sentience and the specialness of all animals and other critters of Nature. It will also continue to have African Grey articles in it. Our Premiere Issue will be 32 pages and in color. And I hope that all of you will check out our site and subscribe (www.naturescornermagazine.com ). The first issue will be out in late November.

Also, any current GPR subscribers will continue their subscriptions with this new magazine. We are very excited about it. We plan to make it the BEST Animal & Nature magazine on the Planet. It will contain "consumer readable" explanations of what science is learning about different Species in intelligence and sentience. It will have how-to articles on working with your Greys, dogs, cats, rabbits, horses and so on. It will contain ideas on understanding the critters in our backyards and how to make our backyards a safe place. It will also contain many consumer stories about tips, anecdots and personal observations of their animals. It will be the first magazine that actually melds scientific learnings with that of the consumers directly. But it will only be as good as the input from its readers.

I also want you to know that sometime next year, I plan to restage the www.africangreys.com site to make it even more informational and user friendly. This membership will contain a Grey Play Round Table(R) quarterly online magazine. Therefore, you will get the Q&A, issue download of the Spring 2002, 9 audio lectures (maybe more) and a quarterly newletter for this membership. The cost will be $10/year, which will help to cover some of the webmaster, hosting costs and editorial expenses to produce the magazine.

So, that's what's in store for 2006!

PLEASE, please let me know what you think of the new magazine. Also, please provide any suggestions as to topics & areas you would like to see covered.

I consider the new magazine.... the ANIMALS' Magazine. Your input will help us to make it the best it can be!

Wishing you GREY'T Blessings!
Maggie-

New magazine

Postby sidney » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:23 pm

I just purchased your magazine, the sole reason was, it was the only one on African Greys and some parrots. Not interested in anything else. Are you saying the magazine on African Greys wont exist after November?
sidney

Postby sidney » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:03 pm

P.S> I LOVE YOUR WEB PAGE, EVERY INCH OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sidney

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:43 am

Hi,

The note on the GPR was written a year ago. I'm glad you love the web site. I am working hard to make the online membership a resource to help Grey pet humans. But I could not continue the GPR magazine because I could not turn it into a sustained business to support itself. And I do not have the personal finances to keep paying for it myself.

Nature's Corner is focused on all animals and other critters of nature; but it will still have a few articles on greys too. www.NaturesCornerMagazine.com

The GPR has not existed for over a year...... The membership here is an ONLINE membership.

GREY'T Blessings,
Maggie-
Mag-

Magizine

Postby Sidney » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:04 pm

I know this sounds stupid but what is GPR, if its a magazine solely about greys, i bet lots of people would pay I WOULD!!!!! Charge more, look at the price of Companion Parrot its 53.00 for 12 issues.
Sidney

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:37 pm

The GPR is The Grey Play Round Table(R) Magazine that was dedicated to Greys. It is no longer being published because I could not get enough circulation to pay for it and all of my major writers died (Jane Hallander, Alicia McWatters, and a few others). But I'm STILL HERE!!!

You can order back issues on the public part of this site. You also get a FREE download right in this membership. I hope that you have taken advantage of that and downloaded that issue. I am thinking about adding a few more issues here.

Also, please check out my new magazine. It will have articles on Greys in it: www.NaturesCornerMagazine.com

GREY'T Blessings and a GREY'T Sunday to you!
Maggie-

Postby sidney » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:29 pm

i want to buy back issues, how much and how? I like things in writing so i can read at bed time or haul around to waiting rooms, ect. also my eight year old read the articles i printed off your web site. Hannah my eight year old wants so much to be a part of my quakers life but he hates her, and i mean hates her he is strickly my husbands bird, he tolerates me. So Hannah wants to do every thing right with my grey (who adores her).

PS unable to listen to the lectures because i dont have speakers.

Thanks
sidney

Postby Maggie » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:32 pm

I'm SO sorry you don't have speakers. The lectures impart a lot of information! I don't have scripts of them because they were impromptu.

The back issues are listed on the public part of site under back issues. They are limited in availability and are $7.50 because I do not plan to reprint anytime soon.

Maggie-
Maggie

Return to Grey Questions